Maggard's Funeral Home has been a part of Perry County Families for over 70 years. Our firm has remained locally owned and family operated from the beginning.
Maggard, Blair and Garrett Funeral Home was established in the 1930's. Earl Maggard, Jimmy Blair and Bill Garrett were the originators of the partnership. In 1950 the funeral home was renamed to Maggard & Garrett due to the death of Jimmy Blair in 1949. Earl Maggard became the sole owner of the business in 1955, changing the name to Maggard Funeral Home. Earl departed this life in 1960, leaving behind a loving wife, Minta Maggard, and three sons — Glen, Norris “Moe”, and Jimmy to operate the family business.
Today the Maggards are keeping the tradition by serving the families of Perry and surrounding counties. We are proud to have two facilities for the convenience of our families. Maggard Brothers Funeral Home is located in the original building on East Main Street, and our new facility, Maggard's Mountain View Chapel is located on Roy Campbell Drive.